1/1 Photo of Apple Veggie Burgers
This is from a great book called Vegetarian Planet. You may think "Apples? In a burger?" But they are a great mixture of tart, sweet, and savory. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices sandwich bread (stale or toasted)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 granny smith apple, grated
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped (I use red)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats (ground in food processor)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1Chop the bread very fine, or break into pieces and throw in a food processor, breaking it into crumbs.
- 2Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and add the onions.
- 3Squeeze the grated apples lightly to remove excess juice, then add to the bowl, along with the bell pepper, ginger, rice, egg, and half the ground oats.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch thick patties.
- 6Heat oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Coat the patties with the remaining ground oats and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned slightly.
- 7Serve with hot sauce, cole slaw, or whatever else tickles your fancy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 378.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 11.2 g