This cake smells so good when baking in the oven, it has a delicious apple cinnamon-brown sugar topping on top so no need to top with any frosting, it's great just out of the oven or room temperature topped with whipping cream or ice cream --- make sure that your pan is well greased, so that the cake comes out easily for greasing see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 3 apples, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Butter a 13x9-in baking pan.
- 3FOR TOPPING: Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly in the bottom of baking dish; set aside.
- 4In a bowl, toss apple slices with brown sugar, slivered almonds and cinnamon.
- 5Arrange apple mixture evenly over the bread crumbs.
- 6FOR CAKE: In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 7Beat in the ground almonds and eggs.
- 8Stir in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- 9Spoon batter evenly over apples mixture (already in pan).
- 10Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 11Place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- 12TO INVERT: Place cooling rack on top of cake, turn cake upside down, and carefully remove from baking pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Upside-Down Sour Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.9
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 614.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 11.5 g