Make and share this Apple Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- For topping: grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; line bottom with waxed paper and then grease the paper.
- Pare and core apples; then cut into 1/4-inch thick wedges (about 2 cups).
- Pour melted butter into pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Arrange apples, edge to edge, over sugar.
- preheat oven to 350° Cake: sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream shortening with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in dry ingredients alternately with milk; add vanilla; blend well.
- Pour batter over apples.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Turn cake upside down on a large cake plate or platter immediately.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.