Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great cake for parties or potlucks
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not margarine)
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Melt butter, pour into 9x13" pan.
- sprinkle brown sugar and chopped pecans over butter.
- Spoon apple pie filling over the brown sugar and pecans.
- Pour cake mix over the apple filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes.