Recipe by quick meal
I seen this cake on one of the cooking shows and just had to make it. It was great. This is really easy to assemble and even easier to eat. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 12 wedges
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix 1 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water in a saucepan and cook until it is brown Arrange apples in the bottom of a glass pie pan in a single layer.
- Pour sugar mixture over apples.
- In mixer, or by hand mixer, cream together butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Add eggs slowly. Mix in sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Sift into wet mixture while mixer is running.
- Pour batter over apples and caramel. Spread out smoothly.
- Bake 30-40 minutes. Loose edges with a knife and turn out onto pie plate.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.