Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A beautiful presentation of yellow cake, red apples, and golden sauce. Serve for a dinner party or a special treat for your family! Easy and delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 red baking apples, halved and cored
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Pour melted butter in a 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter; stir. Arrange apple halves in mixture, cut sides down. Bake in oven 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- In bowl combine cake mix, ginger, cinnamon, milk, eggs, and applesauce. Beat with electric mixer on low until combined; beat on medium 1 minute. Spoon over apples, spread evenly (apple may be exposed; some butter may come to surface).
- Bake 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen edges; invert onto platter. Spoon any topping in pan over top. Cool 20 minutes; serve with ice cream.