Recipe by JenniferK2
I came up with this when I needed to make a cake for a coworkers birthday and had apples I needed to use up. After that, I had to bring this cake for every birthday at work.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 18 1⁄2 ounces butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease sides of 13x9 baking pan.
- Melt 1 stick butter; pour into baking pan. Stir in brown sugar and mix well; spread evenly in bottom of baking pan.
- Arrange apples evenly over sugar; sprinkle with cinnamon and pecans.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, 1 stick butter (softened), eggs and water. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter evenly over apples.
- Bake about 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; invert onto serving platter.