1/5 Photos of Apple Upside Down Cake
I came up with this when I needed to make a cake for a coworkers birthday and had apples I needed to use up. After that, I had to bring this cake for every birthday at work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Grease sides of 13x9 baking pan.
- 2Melt 1 stick butter; pour into baking pan. Stir in brown sugar and mix well; spread evenly in bottom of baking pan.
- 3Arrange apples evenly over sugar; sprinkle with cinnamon and pecans.
- 4In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, 1 stick butter (softened), eggs and water. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- 5Pour cake batter evenly over apples.
- 6Bake about 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 5 minutes; invert onto serving platter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.8
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 446.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g