Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this when I needed to make a cake for a coworkers birthday and had apples I needed to use up. After that, I had to bring this cake for every birthday at work.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 18 1⁄2 ounces butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease sides of 13x9 baking pan.
- Melt 1 stick butter; pour into baking pan. Stir in brown sugar and mix well; spread evenly in bottom of baking pan.
- Arrange apples evenly over sugar; sprinkle with cinnamon and pecans.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, 1 stick butter (softened), eggs and water. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter evenly over apples.
- Bake about 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; invert onto serving platter.
this was great, but I used 2 round pans instead of the 13x9, my husband justs loved it, can't wait to take it to work to share with my co workers
This was super easy to make and my entire family loved it! The dessert doesn't look like the picture though, it is more like a brown sugar glaze with pecans. It was amazing hot & cold, but I nuked it for breakfast.