Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Something I threw together one day. I'm a good cook, but my baking skills are not that great. I figured out this yummy treat when my quest to make apple turnovers turned down a very wrong path. Added a topping to it and now I'm very thankful that I'm a bad pastry chef. lol
- Crumble COLD butter into flour. You want the butter to be hard. You can also kind of "shave" it with a knife.
- Add sour cream.
- Knead dough until it holds together and butter is mixed inches.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and put in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the skin and core from the apples and cut into fingertip size pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Crumble graham crackers into fine crumbs and mix well with cinnamon and sugar.
- Now take your dough and your apples. Throw them together in a 9x9 inch pan. Make sure to mix them up, but leaving large chunks of dough as evenly distributed as possible. Top with crumb mixture and bake at 400 degrees until the graham crackers are dark brown (almost a burnt look) and the mixture is bubbling. ENJOY!