2 hrs 35 mins
Sweets 'n Supper's Note:
Something I threw together one day. I'm a good cook, but my baking skills are not that great. I figured out this yummy treat when my quest to make apple turnovers turned down a very wrong path. Added a topping to it and now I'm very thankful that I'm a bad pastry chef. lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Crumble COLD butter into flour. You want the butter to be hard. You can also kind of "shave" it with a knife.
- 3Add sour cream.
- 4Knead dough until it holds together and butter is mixed inches.
- 5Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and put in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours.
- 7Remove the skin and core from the apples and cut into fingertip size pieces.
- 8Mix all ingredients together and let sit for 10-20 minutes.
- 10Crumble graham crackers into fine crumbs and mix well with cinnamon and sugar.
- 12Now take your dough and your apples. Throw them together in a 9x9 inch pan. Make sure to mix them up, but leaving large chunks of dough as evenly distributed as possible. Top with crumb mixture and bake at 400 degrees until the graham crackers are dark brown (almost a burnt look) and the mixture is bubbling. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Turnunder (Apple Turnovers for Dummies)
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1142.3
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.8 g
- Saturated Fat 35.0 g
- Cholesterol 142.2 mg
- Sodium 408.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 78.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g