Recipe by Mercy
This tangy tuna salad gets fun flavor from sweet pickle relish and lots of crunch from apples, celery and walnuts.
Top Review by saraquarius
This has been in the regular rotation for a few weeks now-it's excellent. I use toasted nuts (whatever I have) and skip the sugar. Definitely a great recipe....I haven't found anyone who doesn't love it!
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red apple (unpeeled)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves