Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This tangy tuna salad gets fun flavor from sweet pickle relish and lots of crunch from apples, celery and walnuts.
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red apple (unpeeled)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Spread 1/2 cup on three slices of bread.
- Top with lettuce and remaining bread.
This has been in the regular rotation for a few weeks now-it's excellent. I use toasted nuts (whatever I have) and skip the sugar. Definitely a great recipe....I haven't found anyone who doesn't love it!
I really enjoyed this recipe! I didn't use any onion and I didn't have any lettuce but otherwise I followed the recipe and the result was great! It's perfect for a snack lunch so I'll definitely be making it again.
Very tasty, just made soalnutme for lunch will definately make this again. I did not have any walnuts so I used pecans.Thanks for posting this recipe