Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Found this in Canadian Living Magazine. For the Canadian part of World Tour.
Make and share this Apple Torte recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 10-inch (3 L) springform pan in centre of large piece of heavy-duty foil; press up around pan. Set aside.
- In bowl, whisk flour with brown sugar. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until in pea-size pieces. Press three-quarters over bottom and up side of prepared pan. Stir almonds into remaining crumb mixture; set aside.
- In bowl, toss apples, lemon juice and nutmeg; spread over pastry, pressing gently. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until golden and apples are tender, 1-1/2 hours. Run knife around edge; let cool in pan on rack. Dust with powdered sugar.
We enjoyed this apple torte. I had some trouble with keeping the pastry on the sides of the pan and also wondered what the heavy duty foil was for.I drained some of the apple juices about half-way through cooking as the pastry was getting pretty soggy.The end result was yummy - but not quite up to our favourite apple tart/torte/pie recipe (chef kate's recipe).