Recipe by jovigirl
Great twist on plain cheesecake. Topped with fresh apples, its perfect for Fall. Source: Family Circle
- 30 gingersnap cookies
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In food processor, pulse cookies and 3 tbsp of the sugar until cookies are crushed.
- Add 5 tbsp of the butter; pulse until moistened.
- Line a 13x9x2 baking pan with foil.
- Press cookie mixture over the bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, egg and confectioner's sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- Spread over crust in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 3 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add apple pieces and saute 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend apple juice and cornstarch.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar and cornstarch mixture to skillet.
- Cook until bubbly and thickened.
- When bar is done, pour apple mixture on top; spread smooth.
- Return to oven; bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool.
- Refrigerate until chilled; cut in squares.