Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
QC S/O 2005
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) packagelarge refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Transfer apple mixture to a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Place biscuits over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
- Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- Tip: In a pinch, you can substitute canned apple pie filling instead.