Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are really good. I've had the recipe since 1969 and fix them a lot for Bar-B-Ques.
- 1 (28 ounce) cangood quality baked beans
- 1 large apple, peeled,cored and shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 slices bacon, diced and partially cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place beans in 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with apple and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Top with bacon pieces.
Very Good!!I also used Bush's Beans~~nice way to spruce them up~will use this recipe often!PeggyLynn
Excellent bean recipe! I never thought to add apple before in doctoring up canned beans. I made this with the Bush's best country style beans and enjoyed it quite a lot. I will make this often! Thanks for posting!
I made this recipe for a bar-be-que with friends, and everyone loved them! The apples and brown sugar added a sweet flavor that was enjoyed by all.