Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
Originally seen on Giada De Laurentiis but we altered it, as the version she drinks is a bit heavy on the vodka for us. ;) I loved that the simple syrup was homemade & everything else was fresh. Mmmm!
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
This is going to sound weird, I'm not a fan of apple juice and thyme is not one of my favourite herbs but I was intrigued and had to try. I used Polar Ice Vodka, pure apple juice (not from concentrate) and a granny smith apple. I made the full syrup recipe (lots still left for over) but only made one martini (ran out of vodka, darn it). Wow! I am so getting more vodka this weekend, this was absolutely divine! I don't have a melon baller so had to be creative to make apple balls. It took me awhile to find fresh thyme (I live in a backwards location) but I'm so glad I did. I'll have to try the syrup in tea as well as Jess4Freedom mentioned. Thanks so much for posting this dangerously delicious and very smooth martini recipe Tink!!. My first time making a martini ever :D Made and very much enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011 :)
Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 ounces vodka (I use Absolut)
- 8 ounces apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup thyme syrup
- 1 large green apple, peeled
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, optional garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill the martini glasses.
- To Make syrup: In small saucepan, combine water, sugar & thyme. Bring to boil over medium heat then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat & let cool. (Leftover syrup should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.).
- To Assemble: Fill a martini shaker with the vodka, apple juice & 1/4 cup of the thyme syrup. Shake 10 seconds & pour into 4 chilled glasses. (I use a single-serve shaker so I combine everything but ice in a pitcher & then pour into shaker from there.).
- Use a melon baller to scoop small balls of apple. Place 3 apple balls & a sprig of fresh thyme in each glass.
- Serve immediately.