This is a few years old this recipe, so I can't remember where it came from. It's an unusual but beautiful combination. My notes say to have it with great thick cream and a good Shiraz (! No idea where that came from! )
- Cream the butter & sugar, then add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, soda and salt and set aside.
- Beat buttermilk into the egg mix, then fold in the dry mix.
- Fold in the apple and thyme and pour into a buttered and floured cake tin ( about 23cm ).
- Bake at 180C degrees for 35 mins or until cooked.