Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my recipe files.
- 4 cups unsweetened apple cider
- 6 tablespoons tequila
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sure-jell light pectin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Prepare canning jars according to manufacturer's directions. Pour cider and tequila into a large, heavy saucepan. Place 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a small bowl. Stir in the Sure-Jell Light, mixing well.
- Add the Sure-Jell Light mixture and the butter to the cider. Bring the liquid to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Quickly stir in the remaining sugar, and bring the mixture back to a full rolling boil again, continuing to stir. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove pan from the heat. Skim off any foam. Fill prepared jars to within 1/8 inch of their tops.
- Process them in a water bath according to the manufacturer's directions, at least 10 minutes. The jelly may take several hours to set.