Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is what the Poles drank before tea was brought to the area.
- 1 lb apple peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sprinkle lemon juice on peels.
- Dry the peels in a dehydrator or warm oven (150°F) on parchment paper with oven door ajar.
- They are ready when they are brittle and lightly browned.
- Crumble peelings and store in airtight container.
I love the idea of letting nothing go to waste! I was making apple pie bars and used the peelings. My oven would only go as low as 170* and it took about 6 hours or so for them to dry. Made some tea today and enjoyed. Thanks! Made for My 3 Chefs event.