Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mini apples pies in a cream cheese pie crust. Perfect as a one-bite apple pie.
Make and share this Apple Tassies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 large green apples, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon or 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese. Gradually add flour. It should form a moist dough. Portion into approximately teaspoon balls into mini muffin tin. Flatten to fit tin. (I really, really recommend the Pampered Chef mini tin and especially the wooden mini tart shaper. It makes this process super fast.)
- In a medium sauce pan combine apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the apple begin to soften. Add flour and mixture will thicken slightly.
- Add filling with a spoon to each tart shell and avoid apples overflowing sides of pan. (they will stick to the pan and make it harder to release the tarts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes. Let rest for a couple minutes and release with a teaspoon. You can either drizzle them with a caramel sauce, dust with powdered sugar or you could even top with a crumb topping prior to baking.
I had fifteen minutes to bake something for my boys for when they came home from school. They have gone nuts for these! They're so delicious!
Adorable and delicious! I had some Fuji apples to use up, so I didn't bother to buy and green apples for this. I ended up with about 55 tassies, with no dough or apples left over. I topped these with a simple brown sugar/flour/butter/cinnamon streusel and drizzled the finished pies with some warmed cajeta. The crust is so tender, and the sweet toppings nicely offset the not sweet crust. These are perfect (relatively low-guilt) little bites of dessert after dinner, and they are also sturdy little treats that would transport nicely for a potluck or party. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2012
We loved these little mini tarts. I used Granny Smith apples so the tarts were a little sweet and a little tart, which we loved. Topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon they are simply divine!