Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet tried. The original chef states that these are best served warm.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 3 teaspoons almonds, chopped
- 1 cup applesauce
- Sift dry ingredients in a bowl and cut in butter.
- Mix filling ingredients together.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours On a floured surface roll out to 1/4 inch think.
- Cut into circles and place in tart pans.
- Spoon filling into dough and cover with remaining top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes until golden.