Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mireille Guiliano
Make and share this Apple Tart Without Dough (From Fwdgf) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Cut the apples into quarters, then slice each quarter into thirds.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Place cabbage leaves on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the apples on the cabbage leaves, shaping the slices like those on a small tart.
- Mix the sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle almost all of it on the apple slices.
- Add small dots of butter and cover with the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake the tarts for 15 minutes.
Getting ready to shed the winter clothes in anticipation of spring, I've been focusing on fruit based treats. Since I love apples, this recipe instantly appealed to me. The results here were fairly good - apples were wonderfully tender and moist and the sugar, butter, juice and cinnamon formed a nice sauce over the fruit. Good baked apples that went well with my non fat frozen yogurt. My one note was that one does get a trace of flavor from the leaf so my inclination would be to go with parchment alone though the cabbage leaf does add to the moistness. For me the largest drawback to this dish is the fussiness of the preparation given the results. After 10 minutes or so of trying to form a circular tart I simply created two rows for each of my parcels. Was satisfied with that choice given that it was also difficult to move the dessert to dessert plates without disrupting the configuration. Thanks for sharing this recipe.