In Swedish, it is "Äppelkaka med Vaniljsås." Serve tart warm or cold and serve the sauce separately. Whipped cream can be folded into the sauce, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the sliced apples in layers in a fire-proof dish and sprinkle each layer with sugar and grated lemon peel.
- 2Mix together the flour and sugar, rub in the butter, then spread over the apples.
- 3Bake the tart for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
- 4Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with sugar, potato flour and light cream in a heavy bottomed pan.
- 5Heat the mixture, remove it from heat and stir in the vanilla sugar.
- 6Serve, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Tart With Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.2
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 213.3 mg
- Sodium 253.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 63.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: