Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found in a magazine; submitted by Carol Taylor, Raleigh, NC
- dough for 1 pie crust (11-inch)
- 4-5 golden delicious apples, peeled, sliced (about 2 lbs, 1/4 inch)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, chilled and thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml orange marmalade, melted
- 14.79 ml sweet marsala wine
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 11-in tart pan with removeable bottom with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough in 13-in round; place in pan.
- Trim dough even with top of pan.
- Arrange apples close together over dough in 3 concentric circles, starting at outside edges and working into center.
- Combine sugar and salt; sprinkle over apples
- Dot apples with butter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and browned at tips and crust is golden brown (cover edges of crust with foil during last 5-10 minutes if browning too quickly).
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Combine marmalade and wine; brush over apples.
WOW! The addition of marsala is great! This needs really 5 stars!
I prepared the dough with: 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup vegetal oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup cold water.
I used "Boskop" apples from our garden, and self prepared marmelade. I used the biggest the biggest apples for the biggest ring and the smaller in the center.
The cooking time was perfect, but this depends on the apples itself as some could me more juicy than others!
Thnanks a lot for this Tart
Finally managed to find some outstandingly tasty golden delicious apples for this tart along with some homemade (by a friend) orange/lemon marmalade, both of which helped make this tart really special! And, although I did share it with several neighbors for whom I cook from time to time, the several pieces I kept right here were enough to want me to make this tart again, & soon! Definitely a keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]