1 hr 25 mins
I love this almond filling and use it in a lot of my tarts, before the creme patisserie layer. It is so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make frangipane: combine almonds and ¼ cup sugar in food processor and grind into a powder.
- 2Add 2 tblsps butter, vanilla, rum and egg and process thoroughly.
- 3On a floured surface, roll pate brisee into a very thin circle (about 1/16 of an inch thick).
- 4Brush top of dough lightly to remove flour, roll up on rolling pin and unroll over 10 inch flan ring set on top of a baking sheet.
- 5Lift up overhanging dough and press into position so that dough adheres well inside ring without being stretched.
- 6Press rolling pin across top of ring to cut away excess dough.
- 7Spread frangipane on dough.
- 8Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 9Peel apples, cut in half, core, and cut into ¼ inch thick slices.
- 10Set aside the larger center pieces of apple.
- 11Coarsely chop end pieces (about 2 cups) and spread over frangipane.
- 12Arrange apple slices in concentric circles over chopped apples.
- 13Sprinkle top with 1 tblsp sugar and dot with butter.
- 14Bake for 1 hour.
- 15Remove ring and slide tart carefully onto serving platter while still hot.
- 16Cool slightly.
- 17Heat preserves, stirring constantly, over low heat.
- 18Push through a fine sieve.
- 19Add Calvados and combine.
- 20Using a pastry brush, spread glaze over tart, thickly.
- 21Cut into wedges and serve at room temperature.
- 22Nice with a dollop of crème fraiche (in my recipes) or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Tart with Frangipane (Almond) Filling
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.5
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 148.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g