Apple Tart With Bourbon Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry sheet (still folded) to an 8 inch by 14 inch rectangle. Trim edges with a sharp paring knife. Transfer to baking sheet, place in freezer.
- Peel, core and slice apples ¼” thick, toss in bowl with sugar.
- Brush pastry with egg wash, avoiding edges. Use a sharp paring knife to score a ¾” border around the pastry (do not cut all the way through).
- Place apples inside border, and dot with butter. Bake until puff pastry is golden and apples are tender, 30-35 minutes.
- In microwave, heat jelly with 1T of water until melted. Brush apples with glaze.
- Serve tart warm with Bourbon Whipped Cream: beat sugar, and bourbon until soft peaks form or 1 tablespoon whisk the cream, sugar, and bourbon until soft peaks form.