1/2 Photos of Apple Tart Sent from Heaven (Gluten Free)
Perfect Pixie's Note:
This is not your normal apple tart. The healthy date, nut crust allows you to indulge without guilt or compromising flavor. It takes no time to prepare, and will please and satisfy anyone who loves apple pie, you will love me for this one
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine walnuts and dates in food processor.
- 2Make sure you remove pits if dates have them and cut off end where stem was.Process until well mixed and ground, but not smooth.About 40 seconds.It should be a coarse texture when done.
- 3Press evenly into a 9 inch tart pan.
- 4Set in refrigerator while making the filling.
- 5Slice apples by cutting into quarters.Cut out core and slice crosswise in ¼ inch thick slices.Put into lemon water while you finish cutting apples.Drain well in colander when done.
- 6Place apples in a large skillet with rest of the ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently on medium heat.
- 7Remove apples with a slotted spoon from hot pan to a bowl and cool completely.
- 8Reduce liquid to about half the volume and cool separately.
- 9Spread apples evenly over crust.Brush syrup over apples.
- 10Can be served right away or will keep in refrigerator until needed.
- 11Keep tart covered in refrigerator so it doesn't pick up moisture.
- 12Top with a little vanilla yogurt if desired.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Tart Sent from Heaven (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.7
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g