This is being posted in responce to a request. I believe this is from the Martha Stewart Cookbook, but I'm not sure, my mom wrote it out in "my" cookbook. The crust is a separate recipe, Sweet Tart Crust.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Prepare the pastry and line the tart pan, line the pastry with aluminum foil and weight it with dried beans or rice or pie weights, bake for 12 minutes Slice the apples into 1/8" lengthwise slices.
- Mix the apples with the sugar and cinnamon and arrange in concentric circles in the tart crust Bake for 20 minutes or until the apples begin to color.
- Cool while preparing the custard.
- Beat the egg and sugar until thick and pale yellow.
- Add the flour and beat until smooth.
- Add the cream and Calvados and beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the apples and return to the oven.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle the top with confectioners sugar.
- Continue to bake 15-20 minutes until the custard is set and the top is browned Serve this tart warm.