1/2 Photos of Apple Tart Normande
1 hr 20 mins
Miss Erin's Note:
This is being posted in responce to a request. I believe this is from the Martha Stewart Cookbook, but I'm not sure, my mom wrote it out in "my" cookbook. The crust is a separate recipe, Sweet Tart Crust.
My Private Note
ten inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- 2Prepare the pastry and line the tart pan, line the pastry with aluminum foil and weight it with dried beans or rice or pie weights, bake for 12 minutes Slice the apples into 1/8" lengthwise slices.
- 3Mix the apples with the sugar and cinnamon and arrange in concentric circles in the tart crust Bake for 20 minutes or until the apples begin to color.
- 4Cool while preparing the custard.
- 6Beat the egg and sugar until thick and pale yellow.
- 7Add the flour and beat until smooth.
- 8Add the cream and Calvados and beat until smooth.
- 9Pour the mixture over the apples and return to the oven.
- 10After 10 minutes, sprinkle the top with confectioners sugar.
- 11Continue to bake 15-20 minutes until the custard is set and the top is browned Serve this tart warm.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Tart Normande
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.4
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 24.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet tart crust