Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup minute tapioca
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups apples, pared, cored, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the tapioca and salt in 4 cups of water in a double boiler for 15 - 20 minutes or until the tapioca is clear.
- Put the apples into a well greased baking dish.
- Cover with sugar, mixed with spices, and the lemon juice.
- Pour the tapioca mixture onto the apple mixture.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.