- 12 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 pint cream
- 6 apples, peeled,cored and shredded
- butter, for frying
- 2 apples, peeled,cored,sliced and fried,for garnish
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks and egg whites together until light in color.
- Beat in cream.
- Add nutmeg to taste.
- Add apples.
- Apples should thicken mixture, add more if necessary.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add apple mixture and fry until firm.
- Turn over and fry until cooked through.
- Add slices of fried apples on top and sprinkle with powdered sugar.