Recipe by Muffin Goddess
My late Aunt Donna used to frequent farmer's markets during various local produce seasons, and she would find the best local recipes whenever she did. This one was on the table every Thanksgiving once she discovered it. My family normally prefers sweet potatoes unadulterated (wrapped in foil and simply baked), but we always empty the dish when this casserole is made. Prep and cook time do not reflect time for cooking sweet potatoes.
Top Review by SweetPnut
WOW! This was the hugest success with my family on Thanksgiving that I had to pull it out again for Christmas dinner yesterday. The dish gets nothing but rave reviews. Unfortunately for me...there's yet to be leftovers!
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 2 cups baking apples, sliced
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in pieces (if using mini marshmallows 1 large = 10 mini)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 3-quart casserole dish or 12"x8" baking pan.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in prepared dish and pour apples over them.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, salt, and marshmallows over apples.
- Top with cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.