Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Tejasa's recipe.
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch thick wedges
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Bring large pot of water to boiling. Drop in sweet potato slices and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, then drain well.
- Alternate layers of sweet potato, and apple in lightly greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Mix together orange juice with cornstarch until smooth.
- Combine orange juice mixture, Splenda brown sugar blend, cinnamon, salt and butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Pour over sweet potato mixture.
- To prepare oat topping, mix oat flour, oats and brown sugar in bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until apples are fork-tender, topping is browned, and liquid begins to bubble.