Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy and Impressive
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch thick wedges
- 8 ounces deli ham (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop in sweet potato slices. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Alternate layers of sweet potato, apple and ham, if desired in lightly greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Combine orange juice mixture, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Pour over sweet potato mixture.
- Prepare oat topping. Mix flour, oats and brown sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until apples are fork-tender, oat topping is browned, and liquid begins to bubble.