Recipe by Nicole Brummett
Another good recipe for those holiday meals, or anytime your in the mood for sweet potatoes. My mom has also made this with fresh pumpkin and it's delicious also.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
This tasted great, but it didn't "look" as I expected it to. I guess I would have liked a bit more liquid or something to help everything "mush" together. Perhaps I just cooked it too long... Still it was a great Thanksgiving sweet potato dish.
- 3 cups sliced peeled, cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 large)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes and apples.
- Combine brown sugar, nutmeg, allspice, salt, pepper, and walnuts (if desired); sprinkle half over apples.
- Dot with half the butter.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Baste with pan juice.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender.