Recipe by lauralie41
Here is a low fat slaw that looks very good. It was served with Maple Glazed Pork Tenderolins and I have posted that recipe also. This would be an very simple, great tasting, low fat meal. This recipe is from Pillsbury Cool Cooking for Hot Days cookbooklet, July 1997 #197.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh this is very good, I love the addition of the apple pie spice, I made this in the morning but won't add in the apples until serving time, such as Spicy Gal I also added in some dried cranberries, we will enjoy this I am sure, thanks Lori!
- 4 cups coleslaw mix, purchased
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 medium granny smith apples, cubed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a large bowl, toss together all salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, blend together the dressing ingredients. Pour this over the salad mix and toss until well coated with dressing. Keep refrigerated until time to serve.