1/5 Photos of Apple Sugar Cake
1 hr 15 mins
For Zaar World Tour - Scandanvia - Finland. I've been making this simple coffee cake for years -- actually this is the first cake I ever made by scratch soon after I got married eons ago - it is not too sweet and is great with coffee served for brunch or as cut in squares snacks. Recipe source: The Finnish Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until thick and lemon colored.
- 3Add eggs, beating until light.
- 4In a seperate bowl sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- 5Add dry ingredients alternately to the batter with the cream (or milk), beating until batter is smooth.
- 6Pour batter into a greased 9 x 12-inch pan.
- 7Insert apple slices so that the outer edges are up.
- 8In a small cup combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with cinnamon.
- 9Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top of apples.
- 10Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Sugar Cake
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.9
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 155.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g