Recipe by Phoenix Food Queen
I found this recipe in a Pillsbury BAke Off Contest Recipe book and this is an AMAZING dinner and great for leftovers!
Top Review by JenniferK2
Wonderful meatloaf! I had to use all ground beef because my store was out of the meatloaf mixture packages and I think that would have added more flavor (I don't eat veal so it would have been a beef/pork mixture). I shredded the apple and celery in the food processor to hide "chunks" from my son. The texture was a bit softer than I would like but I know that is because I omitted the eggs (substituting a pkg of unflavored gelatin) due to a food allergy. Will be making again for sure!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) boxpork prepared stuffing
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (meat mixture-equals parts ground beef, pork and veal or lean 80% ground beef) or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork (meat mixture-equals parts ground beef, pork and veal or lean 80% ground beef) or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground veal (meat mixture-equals parts ground beef, pork and veal or lean 80% ground beef)
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled diced & diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F; spray 15x10-inch pan with sides with cooking spray.
- In 4-quart bowl, beat eggs. Add contents of seasoning and stuffing packets, meatloaf mixture, apple, celery, milk and Worcestershire sauce to eggs; stir until thoroughly combined. Shape mixture in to 6 (4x3 inch) loaves; place in sprayed pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked in center. Let meat loaves stand while making gravy.
- Remove meat loaves from pan; place on large serving platter. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
- Best served over rice.