Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This stuffing is particularly good with pork. Use a good baking apple for this old favorite such as Granny Smith, Jonathan, Cortland, Empire or Winesap. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Cook salt pork until crisp.
- Remove from pan and cook celery and onion in fat until vegetables are tender.
- Add apples and sugar; cover pan and cook until apples are tender.
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley, seasonings and salt pork; mix well.
- Add cooked apple mixture and mix thoroughly.