This is from a cookbook called "Grandma's Casseroles". The time to make is just estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple (unpeeled)
- 1 1/2 cups natural applesauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup low-fat reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot.
- 2Add the chopped onion and celery; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until transparent. Add apple; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until golden.
- 3Transfer to a large bowl. Add applesauce, stuffing mix, broth, thyme, sage, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 4Place stuffing in a greased 8-inch square pan. Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Cooked stuffing can also be used as filling for cooked acorn squash.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 610.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: