This is from a cookbook called "Grandma's Casseroles". The time to make is just estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple (unpeeled)
- 1 1/2 cups natural applesauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup low-fat reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot.
- 2Add the chopped onion and celery; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until transparent. Add apple; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until golden.
- 3Transfer to a large bowl. Add applesauce, stuffing mix, broth, thyme, sage, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 4Place stuffing in a greased 8-inch square pan. Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Cooked stuffing can also be used as filling for cooked acorn squash.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 610.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: