Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but with the holidays just around the corner, I thought this might make a tasty addition, with a difference.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- Wash and prick sweet potatoes. Microwave on high for about 15 minutes. More if needed, they need to be cooked through.
- Let cool sweet potatoes cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a thin slice, about 1/2 inch from the top of each potato.
- Carefully scoop out meat, being sure not to puncture or tear potato skin.
- Combine potato meat, butter, brown sugar, apple, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, salt and lemon juice, mix well.
- Carefully spoon mixture into shells, top each potato with 1/2 of the pecans.
- Place potatoes in baking dish. Bake for about 25 minutes; stuffing must be hot and tender. Top with remaining pecans.
Very good! We loved the apple with the sweet potato and the pecans add a nice texture. Served with Recipe#65208 topped with pork chops. I do sort of wonder if the butter could be omitted? Thanks Kayne for sharing. Made for Newest Zaar tag.