1 hr 30 mins
There is nothing better then pork with apples. Serve this dish with a light vegetable such as steamed green beans, or green beans almandine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim as much fat and "silverskin" off of the pork as possible.
- 2With a good center cut there shouldn't be much besides the bottom.
- 3Then, using a boning knife cut the pork lengthwise at a 45 degree angle about an inch to an inch-and-a-half from the outside edge.
- 4Do this on both sides creating a wide V shape in the center of the pork, so that you can pull the chunk out.
- 5Take this piece that you removed and slice it into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch strips, lengthwise so that you have about 4 to 5 cuts, set aside.
- 6Set the oven to preheat at 325 degrees.
- 7In a large mixing bowl, mix together the bread cubes, butter, milk, spices and apple until mixed well.
- 8The mixture shouldn't be too soft and might not clump as much as you might think.
- 9Stuff the mixture on top of the pork, rounding out the top.
- 10Don't be afraid to "overstuff" the top of the pork.
- 11Take the strips of pork we cut earlier and lay them out across the width of the pork loin on top of the stuffing.
- 12Spread them out evenly to create a pattern.
- 13Place the pork loin in a good-sized baking dish with extra room.
- 14Place any remaining stuffing around the pork to fill the pan, if possible.
- 15Pour the apple juice over the pork loin and the stuffing.
- 16Bake the pork loin at 325 degrees for up to 60 minutes.
- 17Check it with a meat thermometer, and when the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160 degrees, it is finished.
- 18If you prefer your pork well done, let it reach 170 degrees.
- 19This might add an additional 10 to 15 minutes cooking time.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Stuffed Roast Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 811.6
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 176.0 mg
- Sodium 340.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 51.0 g