Recipe by AZPARZYCH
From Better Homes and Gardens
Top Review by TexasKelly
I would make this again with a couple of changes. This was just too sweet for us, and not enough savory. I left out the raisins & nuts and instead added crumbled italian sausage. I think next time I would also add some garlic to the stuffing and perhaps some yellow onion instead of the green, for a more intense savory flavor. We did enjoy it though, this was our Christmas Eve dinner. Even my 1 year old son ate some of it. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons apple cider, divided
- 3⁄4 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of separable fat
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For stuffing, stir together the chopped apple, bread crumbs, celery, raisins, walnuts, green onion, and nutmeg.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the apple juice or 1 tablespoon apple cider.
- To butterfly the pork tenderloin, make a single lengthwise cut down the center of one narrow edge of the meat, cutting to within 1/2-inch of the other side. Spread the meat open.
- Place knife in the "v" of the first cut.
- Cut horizontally to the cut surface and away from the first cut to within 1/2-inch of the other side of the meat.
- Repeat on the opposite side of the "v".
- Spread these sections open.
- Cover meat with clear plastic wrap.
- Pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Spread stuffing over meat.
- Roll up from one of the short sides.
- Tie with string to secure.
- Brush with some of the remaining 1 tablespoon apple juice.
- Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or meat thermometer registers 170 degrees Fahrenheit; brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon apple juice or apple cider after 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan stir together the 1/2 cup apple juice or cider, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve with roast.
- Makes 4 servings.