1/2 Photos of Apple Stuffed Pork Roast
* Pamela *'s Note:
This is an adopted recipe. Winnipeg *Mel* served this to us and I thought it was great so when it came up for adoption, I snagged it. Original introduction>>> "Delicious Apple Stuffed Pork Roast. Pretty simple too."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a knife sharpener, poke a hole through the roast to make a tunnel.
- 2Then take a knife and cut through until the hole is wide enough to stuff.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together apple juice and brown sugar.
- 4Place roast in bowl and turn a few times.
- 5Let sit in fridge fat side up for about an hour.
- 6In the meantime, peel and dice apples.
- 7Start making stuffing, adding apples and raisins before adding the stuffing mix so they get soft.
- 8Let apple stuffing cool while the pork in in the fridge.
- 9Preheat oven to 350°F .
- 10Line a roasting pan with heavy duty foil.
- 11Remove pork from fridge and Pour some of the marinade into the foil lined pan.
- 12Just enough to coat the bottom.
- 13Discard the rest.
- 14Start stuffing the roast.
- 15It's easiest to use your hands.
- 16Make sure you stuff it way down so you don't forget the middle.
- 17Bake about 20 minutes per pound - 170 degrees using a meat thermometer.
- 18Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- 19Carve 1 1/2 inches wide.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Stuffed Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.1
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 171.4 mg
- Sodium 148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 54.3 g