1 hr 35 mins
This recipe if from the Buxton Inn in Granville, Ohio. Two school teachers are busy restoring not just the inn, but the whole block in this town amid Ohio's Welsh Mountains. People drive from miles around to eat at this beautiful inn. This is an awesome dish. If fresh berries are not available, of course you can use frozen. If you prefer not to use brandy, you could use apple juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups cored and chopped tart apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 5 cups dry bread cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (3 -4 lb) single boneless pork loin roast
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 1In large skillet, cook onion and celery in butter until tender.
- 2Add apples, allspice and cardamom; cook, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3In large bowl, combine apple mixture with bread and raisins; toss gently until bread is coated.
- 4Preheat oven to 325°.
- 5Trim excess fat from meat and split lengthwise almost through.
- 6Spoon about half of the stuffing over the meat; fold and tie with string to secure.
- 7Place remaining stuffing in 1-quart baking dish.
- 8Place meat on rack in a 17x12-inch roasting pan.
- 9Sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- 10Insert meat thermometer.
- 11Roast meat, uncovered, 60-70 minutes or until thermometer registers 160-170°.
- 12Cover and heat remaining stuffing during the last 40 minutes of roasting.
- 13To serve, slice pork, serve with additional stuffing and raspberry sauce.
- 14To prepare RASPBERRY SAUCE:.
- 15In medium saucepan, combine raspberries, nectar, jelly, brandy and honey (if choosing not to use brandy, you can use apple juice).
- 16Over low heat, stirring frequently, cook until mixture boils.
- 17Strain to remove seeds; return mixture to saucepan.
- 18In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; add to raspberry mixture.
- 19Makes about 1-3/4 cup sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Stuffed Pork Loin With Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.1
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 139.3 mg
- Sodium 349.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper