Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 5 tablespoons port wine or 5 tablespoons other sweet red wine, divided
- 2 cups granny smith apples, peeled, diced
- 2⁄3 cup dried prune, chopped, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 8 lean center-cut pork chops, bone-in, about 3/4 in thick, 6 ounce, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 14 1⁄2 ounces fat-free chicken broth, less-sodium, 1 can
- Combine 2 tablespoons port, apple, and the next 4 ingredients (apple through sugar), stirring well.
- Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup apple mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle pork evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; add 4 pork chops. Cook 7 minutes or until done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining pork.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt and flour in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add 3 tablespoons port and broth, stirring with a whisk. Add mixture to pan, scraping pan to loosen brown bits; Bring to a simmer over low heat; cook 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Serve sauce with pork.