I watched an episode of Robin Miller and my husband said it sounded good. My husband is EXTREMELY picky and he was wanting to try an apple stuffed pork?? So of course I just had to make it!! I didn't have any dried rosemary on hand, I had seasoned pepperidge farm stuffing and I stuffed 5 thick pork chops. You may need to cook the chops a little longer depending on thickness. I cooked mine around 15-20 minutes and it was a little dry, so next time I'll cook it less. It has a great sweet and spice taste to 'em!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 leeks, white part only, rinsed and chopped
- 1 mcintosh apples or 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (I cut to 1 tsp since bread crumbs were seasoned)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups unseasoned bread cubes (I used seasoned)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, enough to moisten bread
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless pork chops, about 1-inch thick, trimmed of fat
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add leek and apple and saute 4+ minutes, until tender and golden.
- 4Add oregano, rosemary, and salt and pepper, to taste, and stir to coat.
- 5Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add bread cubes and chicken broth. Mix well and set aside.
- 6Using a sharp knife, slice pockets into chops by slicing horizontally into the side, and almost through to the other side.
- 7Season the outside with salt and pepper.
- 8Stuff chops with apple mixture, allowing stuffing to overflow out of pockets.
- 9Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10Add pork chops and sear on 1 side until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. (it did take mine longer to brown).
- 11Flip chops and transfer to oven to finish cooking for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.6
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 153.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 32.9 g