1 hr 25 mins
Wendy W88's Note:
This is a great dish, especially in the Fall when you can pick fresh apples and get the cider from an orchard. Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pork loin chops, 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 dash pepper
- fresh sage, for garnish (optional)
- 1For Chops: Cut a pocket in each chop from rib side, widening pocket without cutting through chop.
- 2Shred 1 tsp orange peel, (for sauce),set aside.
- 3Squeeze orange, reserving juice.
- 4In medium saucepan, melt butter.
- 5Add onion and cook until tender.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in bread crumbs, apple, and 1 Tbsp orange juice.
- 8Add sage and pepper; fill pockets with stuffing.
- 9Brush both sides of chops with some of remaining orange juice.
- 10Place in 8" square baking dish.
- 11Bake in 325* oven for 50-60 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- 12Baste chops occasionally with orange juice.
- 13Serve with cider sauce and garnish with fresh sage, if desired.
- 14Cider Sauce: In small saucepan, melt butter.
- 15Stir in cornstarch and cinnamon, mixing well.
- 16Gradually stir in apple cider.
- 17Add raisins and orange peel; cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 3-4 minutes.
- 18Serve with apple stuffed chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.9
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g