Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love the combination of pork and apple blended together and that is exactly what you get with this recipe.
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 thick pork chops
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine apple, onion, salt, bread crumbs, pepper, sage, and butter.
- If mixture appears too dry to hold together, add a little water.
- Cut a deep pocket into the side of each pork chop and stuff with the apple dressing. Secure with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet, brown the stuff pork chops on each side in the vegetable oil.
- Place chops in a shallow ovenproof casserole dish and arrange the remaining dressing around the chops.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 1 hour.
I see the baking time is 1 hour so I'm assuming these are bone in prok chops? Can I do this with boneless chops and just cut the time in half? Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
We have made this several times now and I am planni it again for tonight. We tend to make extra of the stuffing to line the bottom of the casserole. Looks super fancy when served but is so easy- and delicious! A winner with my super picky and large family. If you can please this crowd, you're a keeper! :)