Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 pieces of waxed paper.
- Pound chicken to 1/8" thickness.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Coat apple slices with sugar mixture.
- Divide apples among chicken breast halves; secure with toothpicks.
- Cover and grill chicken 4 to 6" from medium coals, 20 to 25 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until done.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Mix the apple cider and cornstarch in 1 quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon over chicken.
Tasty and Healthy! The second time I made this I marinaded my chicken in the Apple Cider for a couple hours just to give the chicken a bit more flavor.
I also baked in the oven at 350 for 30 min turning half way through.
Served with Broccoli and ww cheese fries (link to recipe below)...Yum!
I also roasted this in the oven and it was delicious! In my sauce I added a 1/2 cup of apple sauce plus a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Thanks for posting. Made for Pool Party Tag.
I made this last night and it is wonderful! I did it in the oven at 350 for 30 min. instead of the grill.